Here are tried-and-tested strategies you can use to repair your credit history, either on your own, or with the assistance of a certified finance expert.
- Say NO to the creation or development of a new credit identity. Some firms today may advise you to come up with a new credit profile, especially if they think that your credit history is beyond repair. However, you should always remember that creating as well as assuming the credit identity of other people is ILLEGAL. In fact, it is considered credit fraud and it can eventually get you into serious trouble.
- So, steer clear from companies that offer such counsel. Instead, you should research on what’s considered acceptable and reasonable credit repair practices and stick to them.
- Sign up for credit repair services with credit counseling agencies that are accredited by the federal, state, or local government. To do this, we suggest you take the time to conduct background checks on your target firms. Look closely at the services they offer; the testimonies, success stories, and reactions of their past and current clients; the qualifications and credentials of their credit counselors; and the government-issued permits and licenses they possess. Always remember that such factors will speak volumes about the credibility of the agency you wish to work with and the legitimacy of their business operations.
After finding a trustworthy firm, you can soon schedule an appointment with a certified finance expert. This professional can help you develop a concrete plan for paying off your debts as well as for gradually raising your personal credit score. What’s good about the advice you will soon receive is that it will surely match your needs and financial capability. At the same time, you can have the assurance of employing a debt-busting method that is acceptable and legal.
Just remember that credit repair services tend to be costly. Hence, cash-strapped individuals are advised to look for alternatives that will help them fix their credit history, without spending a great deal of cash.
- Look for Do-It-Yourself (DIY) credit repair kits. It is also possible to fix your credit history, all by yourself. You simply need to scout for online repair kits and guides that contain credible and effective strategies for fixing your credit history. Once you’re read the paid or free material, you must contact the three major credit bureaus – Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion – and request for the latest copies of your annual credit report. That way, you can check your credit files for errors and you can immediately start working on your action plan to rehabilitate your credit history.
- Submit on-time and complete payments to your lenders and credit card issuers. Bear in mind that the easiest way to cause dramatic improvements to your credit profile is by simply settling your existing financial obligations. So, while searching for suitable debt-busting methods, you should never take your payments for granted. Instead, you should resolve to provide timely and complete payments to your creditors.
And make sure that you’ll manage your existing lines of credit in the most responsible way possible. For instance, see to it that you don’t spend beyond the limit imposed on your personal credit cards. And try to limit the number of credit applications you will submit while searching for suitable credit repair options. By doing so, you can avoid incurring new forms of debt, which can make matters even worse for you.